Who Are Associates?
- Associates are lay women and men of all cultures, aged eighteen and over, who live the Gospel in the spirit of St. Julie Billiart.
- Associates are united with the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur in prayer and service.
- Associates are bonded to the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur through ongoing communication and service focused on spiritual growth and the mission of Notre Dame de Namur.
How Do I Become An Associate?
If you are interested in becoming a Notre Dame de Namur Associate, the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur offer a 12-month orientation program. This program provides a unique opportunity to learn more about the spirituality of St. Julie Billiart and the mission of the Sisters and Associates of Notre Dame de Namur.
Following the orientation program, candidates complete a discernment process with a mentor.
If the candidate answers a call to Association, she or he requests to make a formal commitment as an Associate of Notre Dame de Namur. This commitment is renewed annually.
If you are interested in taking the first steps toward Association with the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur, please contact Barbara Markus, Director of Associates, at 513-679-8104
What Do Associates Do?
- Associates work together with the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur and other Associates in making known God's goodness.
The St. Luke Associate Group in Dayton, Ohio, provides life saving supplies for our Sisters and those they serve in Zimbabwe.
Cincinnati Associates donate money for postage to ship packages to Zimbabwe.
Arizona Associates hold fundraisers and donate the proceeds to essential programs run by the Sisters
A group who is discerning it's call to Association at the Summit Country Day School in Cincinnati, Ohio, is involved in mission work.
- Associates experience personal growth through prayer, with a deep trust in God and a love for St. Julie.
Annie Worobetz, Cincinnati Associate
"What does it mean to be an Associate? Being an Associate informs every relationship of your life."
Mary Pyper, Dayton Associate
"Being an Associate enriches and enhances my spiritual life in a way I would not have thought possible... I feel we share the same heart."
Marjo Angelo, Columbus Associate
"I am still trying to figure out what God wants of me, in the spirit of St. Julie, and I go with complete love and trust in God's goodness."
With you, we change lives
With the support of generous friends like you, we are able to continue our mission of educating and taking a stand with those in poverty— especially women and children.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.