PARTNERS IN ACTION - Chicago
The Partners in Action Luncheon-Chicago will be held at the Crowne Plaza O’Hare in Rosemont, Illinois, on Saturday, April 2, 2016. Reservations are required. The program will begin promptly at noon and end at 1 pm. For information on reservations, please contact Maureen McGrain at 773-551-5505 or send her an email at Maureen McGrain.
The Partners in Action Luncheon connects friends and former students to bring them up to date on our work in Chicago and around the world. We hope, as well, to raise funds to help us continue our work with the forgotten and abandoned – especially women and children.
Partners in Action dollars support our Sisters who work directly with poor people…
- teaching children in inner-city school classrooms, never allowing them to give up when circumstances make learning so difficult.
- tutoring elementary students, one at a time, to read and understand math.
- providing halfway housing for woman who have nowhere to go when they are released from prison or rebab programs, and helping them to get jobs or return to school.
- educating adults with poor employment records in how to get and keep a job.
- teaching English as a Second Language and GED classes to new immigrants.
- rehabbing houses for low income, first-time homebuyers and teaching them how to be good neighbors.