Sisters of Notre Dame
Live the Good: Brown Bag Lunch Drive, August 16 - 28
Due to the overwhelming success of our Brown Bag Lunch Drive, we are happy to announce we are repeating this Live the Good event. Will you help us send 2000 brown bag lunches to Shelterhouse in downtown Cincinnati?
The need for brown bag lunches continues. These lunches-to-go are distributed daily to those in search of a meal.
We invite you to join us—separately but together in the spirit of St. Julie—in meeting this need. All volunteers will pack lunches from the comfort of their homes, then deliver completed bags directly to Shelterhouse or the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur Province Office. For a complete list of packing details, including days and times, please see the details below.
Each lunch should include the following:
- Peanut butter and jelly sandwich (lunch meat sandwiches are hard to store)
- 1-2 snacks (pre-packaged is preferred but not required)
Additional Items you will need:
- Brown lunch bags (the sturdier, the better)
- Sandwich baggies and/or wax paper*
- Plastic gloves to be used by volunteers while handling food
- Hair ties to hold hair back, if applicable
Things to Avoid:
- Foods requiring utensils
- Fresh fruit like apples, which may be hard to eat
*Please join the Sisters in their efforts to care for creation and consider using environmentally friendly products when possible.
Suggested (not required) Snacks and Drinks:
- Protein or granola bars
- High protein trail mix
- Fruit cups (many people eat or drink this without using utensils)
- Capri Sun or small, individual boxed drinks
DROP OFF at Shelterhouse:
411 Gest Street (45203)
Seven days per week from 8 AM-4:00 PM.
Contact: Sarah Burkhart (513)-721-0643
DROP OFF at the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur (outside, look for signs)
701 E. Columbia Ave. (45215)
SPECIFIC DATES to drop off at Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur Province Office (outside, look for signs):
- Monday, August 16 from 2 - 4 PM
- Wednesday, August 18 from 12 - 2 PM
- Saturday, August 21 from 11 AM - 1 PM
- Tuesday, August 24 from 12 - 2 PM
- Thursday, August 26 from 2 - 4 PM
- Saturday, August 28 from 11 AM - 1 PM
ZOOM with Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur
Wednesday, September 1 from 7-8 PM
Please share your pictures using #livethegood hashtags. A downloadable banner can be found HERE.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss further, please contact Holly Schlaack at [email protected]