Partners in Action - Chicago
October 27, 2012
The Partners in Action luncheon was held at the Crowne Plaza O’Hare in Rosemont, Illinois, on Saturday, October 27, 2012.
The Partners in Action Luncheon connected friends and former students to bring them up to date on our work in Chicago and around the world. We also raised funds to help us continue our work with the forgotten and abandoned – especially women and children. The video at the right features our luncheon guests.
Partners in Action dollars support our Sisters who work directly with poor people…
- teaching children in inner-city school classrooms, never allowing them to give up when circumstances make learning so difficult.
- tutoring elementary students, one at a time, to read and understand math.
- providing halfway housing for woman who have nowhere to go when they are released from prison or rebab programs, and helping them to get jobs or return to school.
- educating adults with poor employment records in how to get and keep a job.
- teaching English as a Second Language and GED classes to new immigrants.
- rehabbing houses for low income, first-time homebuyers and teaching them how to be good neighbors.